What Do You Need For A Wedding? A Quick Wedding Checklist
Most people have a clear vision of what they want their future wedding to look like. Although it’s easy to get caught up in the romantic aspect of the event, it’s not easy to pull off an unforgettable ceremony and reception. What do you need for a wedding? A lot! There’s a reason so many couples hire a professional wedding planner to take care of things.
If you’re planning to do everything on your own, here’s a quick checklist of everything you need for a wedding.
Figure out the theme for the wedding before you go shopping for a wedding gown and accessories. You can look for inspiration from online resources, such as Pinterest or bridal blogs. Having a good idea of the kind of look you’re going for will make your search for vendors go so much faster and easier.
What do you need for a wedding bridal attire? Check out the list below:
- Wedding gown, veil, and accessories – Try on different lengths and styles to make sure that you’re getting the perfect one.
- Hair and makeup – Schedule an appointment with a hair and makeup professional. Meet with them beforehand to check which hairstyles and makeup looks are suitable for your wedding theme.
- Jewelry, shoes, garter, and lingerie – If you’re going to splurge on a few aspects of your wedding, these items are the best place to start. After all, they’re sentimental pieces that you can keep forever and wear repeatedly.
- Bridesmaid dresses, shoes, and accessories – Some brides prefer having their bridesmaids dress identically, while others allow more flexibility. Figure out which option works for you and communicate this with your bridesmaids right away.
Décor for the Ceremony
Flowers are a traditional staple for most wedding ceremonies. However, you’re going to need a lot more than some blooms to celebrate your love on your wedding day. Check out these essential items that should be on the top of your list if you’re wondering what do you need for a wedding ceremony décor:
- Welcome signs or easels – To keep your guests from getting lost, it’s good to have a wedding sign displayed outside the venue.
- Wedding program – Consider posting a schedule of events at the entrance of the venue to let your guests know where they might be needed.
- Reserved signs – Place these on the seats that are reserved for your family members and other special guests.
- Loose petals and flower girl’s basket – This is a great tradition to uphold, especially because photos of the bride walking down the aisle with flowers raining down on her are always a hit.
- Ring bearer pillow and ring box – These are excellent keepsakes for you and your spouse. It might be a good idea to entrust the rings first to the best man if you’re worried they might go missing.
There are so many little bits and pieces that make for a perfect wedding. Keep an ultimate checklist of “what do you need for a wedding” months before the big day to make sure you do not forget anything.