How To Transport A Wedding Cake: Tips And Hacks
A wedding cake is one of the most delicate stuff that you should handle with care. In fact, even professionals who bake cakes experience nerve-wracking feeling when transporting a tiered cake. If you are looking for the exact tips on how to transport a wedding cake, don’t go anywhere else! You are on the right page. Check out this article, and secure ideas in transporting a wedding cake.
Reminders before Transporting Wedding Cake
Transporting a wedding cake is a problem that many worry about. Everyone wants to behold a fantastic wedding cake! But before you figure out how your wedding cake would be a sight to behold in your wedding reception, you must first make sure that it would be delivered undamaged. Below are the steps to consider on how to transport a wedding cake safely.
- Carefully choose the type of cake – Make sure your cake won’t meltdown under the scorching heat. Choose ingredients that would survive the heat and aren’t easy to melt.
- Choose a firm base – If you are having a tiered cake, make sure that it has a strong base. Double up the base if necessary.
- Packaging – It is best to package each tier separately in its box. But if you want to have it assembled already, deep boxes will do.
- Prepare the delivery vehicle – Prepare the car to be used in transporting the cake. Make sure that it has a flat level surface to avoid damaging the cake.
- Work on your route – Before driving off to the venue, review your route for safety purposes. Check bumpy roads, alternate routes, etc.
- Assembly and storage – Contact the venue for assistance in transferring the cake. You could request for a trolley, table on wheels, and such.
Best Choice for Your Wedding Cake
Everyone wishes to have a tiered cake at their wedding. But to avoid any hazard, we must wisely think of how our cake should be made. Are you wondering how to transport a wedding cake that is tiered? You have two options – an already-assembled cake or a cake to be assembled on site.
- When you consider having an already-assembled cake, you have to remember this – lighter and smaller cakes are easier to deliver.
- You can have as much of the design you want to have, but you still have to be more careful in maintaining its fancy style.
- Cakes, such as stacked and dowelled buttercreams can be frozen overnight to ensure that they won’t melt during delivery.
- As much as possible, avoid using fondant covered cakes as it would soak up wetness and much likely to discolor or soften.
Then again, assembly on-site might be a better choice. Highly-decorative and fragile cakes require a more careful delivery. Each layer has to be put in separate boxes. That is to make sure that the layers of your wedding cake will surely survive from getting damaged along the way. Find out more about wedding cakes.
It’s a fact that there’s no easy way of setting up a big event. Also, transporting your wedding cake must be planned wisely. Follow these helpful tips so you can have your wedding cake delivered in perfect shape.
April 5, 2021
By: Shiela Daniels
Finding a gift for a wedding needs a lot of thought. Every wedding is essential, and of course, you would want the newlywed to feel happy and pleased with your present.
July 14, 2020
By: Stephanie Sullivan
A fun wedding tradition is to save a piece of cake from the wedding, usually the top tier, that the couple can share during their first wedding anniversary.
July 14, 2020
By: Stephanie Sullivan
Wedding cakes are often associated with symbolic meanings. Some people believe that when you eat the crumbs of the cake, it symbolizes happiness and brings a good life to the couple