How To Take Dress Measurements For A Bridesmaid Dress
As a bride, your concern should not be limited to yourself. Providing your bridesmaid with the right fit of dresses is also essential to have a smooth wedding. However, there will be occasions where brides allow the bridesmaid to choose what dress they want to wear. As a bridesmaid, finding the perfect fit will be a challenge. In this guide, you will learn how to take dress measurements for a bridesmaid dress at home.
This Is How You Do It
The hunt to find the perfect bridesmaid gown will depend on your size. It’s important to wear one comfortable to walk down the aisle and enjoy during the fun cocktail hours. You can always go to a professional dressmaker to get the accurate measurement for your dress, but if you are in a tight budget, that would seem to be a bad idea to stick on to.
So, why not do the measuring session inside the comfort of your home? The question now is how to take measurements for bridesmaid dress without the aid of a professional dressmaker? Let’s unpack all the things that you needed to know.
Here are methods that you can follow on how to take dress measurements for a bridesmaid dress:
- The most important thing to have before learning how to take dress measurements for a bridesmaid dress is a measuring tape. If you don’t own one, you can borrow from your mom, grandma, or friend. But don’t worry, this thing can easily be found in your local department stores.
- It would help if you kept in mind before the actual measuring session is to keep the measurement as accurate as possible. If you don’t know how to measure your size by yourself, you can always ask for the help of anyone from your home. However, if you are alone, there is still a way on how to do this right.
- Now, to get things started, you need to prepare yourself. For more accuracy, you need to put on the shoes you will be wearing at the wedding. This is measure the right length of your dress. You also need to put on the same type of undergarments that you will be putting on on the wedding day. Take your phone or paper and a pen so that you will have something to record on for the exact measurement.
- While you are wearing a certain type of bra or undergarment that you will be wearing with your gown or dress, you need to wrap the tape measure around your back area bring it to your bust. Get your bust measurement and write it down on a piece of paper or your phone notes.
- Now, you will need to measure the size of your waist. Make sure that you stand well, and your feet are together. Do not slouch your knees or separate both of your feet to get an accurate measurement. Then wrap the measuring tape around the most narrowed area on your waist. Record it down to a piece of paper or into your phone's notes.
- Do the same procedure in measuring the size of your hips.
- One of the important things that you need to learn on how to take dress measurements for a bridesmaid dress is to measure the full length of your or hem of the dress. It is advisable to have someone measure this out for you to have a more accurate result.
- To measure the length of your dress, you need to find the hallow area of your neck. This is located in the center part of your collar bones. Take your measuring tape and place it on that hallow part and take it down to where you want the bottom of your dress to be. To ensure that you are getting the right and most accurate measurement for this, you need to wear the shoes you will be using at the wedding. It is also important not to tangle the measuring tape while you are using it.
Those are eight steps on how to take dress measurements for a bridesmaid dress. What measurements are needed for a bridesmaid dress? You need to get an accurate set of measurements, and you’re good to go.
Considerations When Taking Measurements
When you are taking your dress measurement, there is a certain thing that you need to consider to achieve that perfect sized dress. You need to add a little extra measurement. This ensures that you are giving your body and your stomach to have enough space to breathe, especially that the wedding involves eating and dancing sessions. It would help if you felt comfortable before, during, and after the wedding to have the best bridesmaid experience.
Being a bridesmaid to your sister, brother, friend, or cousin's wedding is an honor for every woman out there. Finding the right dress is one key to enjoy the entire bridesmaid experience fully. That is why learning how to take dress measurements for a bridesmaid dress is necessary so that you would be wearing the right dress for you. It’s as important as finding the right puzzle piece. Know more about wedding dresses.
February 5, 2021
By: Corrie Lupe
As a bride, your concern should not be limited to yourself. Providing your bridesmaid with the right fit of dresses is also essential to have a smooth wedding.
February 2, 2021
By: Shiela Daniels
Brides, in general, are quite fussy when it comes to choosing the perfect silhouette for their wedding dress. Who wouldn’t?