Are you passionate about making weddings a dream come true? Are you looking for ways to create an “Instagrammable” wedding venue? You’re in the right place! In this article, we will discuss making a business out of one of the most popular wedding venues in the events industry – how to start a barn wedding venue business.
4 Quick Tips To Start A Barn Wedding Venue
A barn is an in-demand wedding venue for a good reason. The rustic wedding theme is a natural hit among people planning a wedding mainly because the earthy tones make it more natural and intimate.
Here are some quick tips in starting a barn wedding venue:
- Check on your finances. In starting any regular business, assessing your finances is a hard reality. The idea is beautiful, and the dream is within reach, but are you financially capable of seeing it through? Here are a few things to consider if you want to know how to start a barn wedding venue:
- Is this a new property or a leased property?
- Do you have enough for a down payment, or do you need financing?
- Is this a new structure, or are you doing a makeover on an existing building?
- Look into the event venue market. You need to identify the demand for wedding venues in your area. Here are some of the guidelines:
- Check the venues around your geographic area. How many sites have the same concept as yours? Are these venues booked frequently for weddings?
- Check online competitor reviews. Thanks to the Internet, it’s much easier for you to spy on competitors. Online reviews on platforms, like TripAdvisor or Yelp, can be a great help. You can even borrow some helpful tips from good reviews along the way.
- Check the statistics. How many weddings take place in a year? You will need an age group that will support your barn wedding venue. For this, you will need an age demographic between the late 20’s to early 30’s.
- Choose your wedding venue location. Knowing how to start a barn wedding venue also means you get the perfect location for a barn. This could mean you need a more rural, pastoral landscape. If your area is remote, you will have to include rental for tables and chairs and storage. It would also be an advantage to have a bed-and-breakfast nearby.
- Work out a unique wedding marketing strategy. Put yourself in the shoes of a couple about to be wed, and figure out what they would look for in a barn wedding. Here is a quick guide:
- Focus on a unique feature of your barn.
- Hire a photographer to take pictures of your venue.
- Add your venue to wedding venue sites.
- Make a website, and link it to social media pages.
- Widen your social media reach.
- Advertise in different platforms, like magazines and the lifestyle section of the newspaper.
Building a wedding venue business is no easy task. A venue carries the weight of the event in terms of styling and atmosphere, but being part of a wedding’s success is fulfilling. It’s a good thing you can turn that passion into reality by knowing how to start a barn wedding venue business effectively. Know more about wedding venues.