How To Plan A Wedding On A Budget Of 1000
Having a wedding ceremony generally takes a whole load of money. Considering that weddings are one of the most special days of anyone's life, people are more likely to loosen up a bit and spend notably more that they normally do just for this special day. But what if you're not exactly at a place where you can leisurely spend thousands of dollars to throw yourself a grandiose and luxurious wedding? Won't you want to know how to plan a wedding on a budget of 1000 dollars?
Wedding ceremonies, while special, does not always need to be expensive. There are several ways and things you can do to save money and keep your costs at a minimum. Bearing this in mind, here are some tips, tricks, and hacks you can consider to have a ceremony on a 1000-dollar wedding budget.
Why Go Cheap For Your Wedding?
When you start researching how to plan a wedding on a budget of 1000, most people that hear about it may find it weird that you don’t plan to spend so much money on your wedding that would be a once in a lifetime and special event. However, there are advantages to having a frugal wedding rather than a lavish celebration:
- Keeping your wedding on a tight budget will help avoid overspending, particularly on things you would most likely use for that one time only.
- The smaller the wedding, the more you can save as some venues charge a certain amount per guest.
- Going cheap on one aspect of the wedding allows you to spend more on another.
- Smaller weddings allow you to avoid unwanted guests such as your rowdy uncle or your mean aunt.
- Having a frugal ceremony and reception allows you to devote your budget to considerably more important stuff, such as your life savings.
- Smaller weddings allow you to focus on the moment and the reason for the occasion rather than stressing over the wedding plans for months.
Things To Consider When Planning a Wedding For Cheap
Choosing the venue is a critical part of how to plan a wedding on a budget of 1000. Logically, renting a place for a day would easily cost several hundred dollars, so instead of renting a private place for your wedding, try considering places that are as much as possible free. If possible, conduct the ceremony in your house, your parent's house, a relative's house, or a friend's house. As long as there is enough space for your guests, decorations can easily elevate the ambiance.
For any budget wedding, you would have to keep the ceremony as small as possible with guests not exceeding 50 people. Consider your venue's capacity and make sure that your guests would still be comfortable when they attend the wedding and don't feel like sardines crammed into a can. Aside from comfort, it is also important to keep the guest list small as a single guest could cost you a couple of dollars in terms of food, accommodation, and the likes. Keep the ceremony small and only invite your family and closest friends to the ceremony.
People often want to go overboard with the wedding attire as it is considered the star element for the occasion. However, you don't have to spend so much to look as equally stunning and gorgeous for your wedding. One way to pull of how to plan a wedding on a budget of 1000 is instead of buying a new wedding dress, opt for rentals or borrow the gown of a friend who recently got married and elevates the look by properly styling your hair and make-up.
Decorations help in elevating the overall ambiance of any location and venue. Considering you may have chosen a venue that is not entirely dedicated or ideal as a wedding location, having the right decorations may help address this situation. However, you should still consider the budget allocated for decorations and try not to go overboard. Keep your decorations simple but classy to keep the costs low, but the venue beautiful and elegant.
Food and Entertainment
No wedding ceremony and reception are complete without food and the appropriate entertainment for the couple and the guests. For the reception program, a viable option would be limiting the number of food served. You can also check if a friend or family is willing to head the catering services.
For the entertainment, hire a DJ instead of hiring a full-blown jazz band. Or for a cheaper alternative, just prepare a YouTube or Spotify playlist and let it play out for the rest of the program. You can also ask a family or friend to create and host the program for your reception instead of having someone emcee for the night.
Tips on How To Plan a Wedding on a Budget of 1000
- Don't hire a wedding planner but rather do the planning yourself with your family and friends' help.
- Make a running account of your spending and keep a close tab to make sure you are not going over budget.
- Allocate a specific amount for each aspect of the wedding while also trying to spend less than what is provided.
- Avoid buying anything brand-new. Either buy second hand, rent or borrow items that are needed for the wedding.
- Don't be afraid to ask the family of friends for favors to host the event, cook for the reception, or document the ceremony in exchange for a material wedding gift.
There are several things you try to learn how to plan a wedding on a budget of 1000 dollars. Going cheap on your wedding day does not mean that you don’t put any importance on the event, but rather prioritize your limited resources for something more essential than a single ceremony. Regardless, keep in mind that weddings are meant to celebrate the love shared between two people and not a social gathering of free food and booze for everyone. Here's how to learn more about wedding budget.
April 5, 2021
By: Russel Peters
How do people pay for weddings? A wedding is probably one of the most expensive gatherings a couple can ever pull up. It is about celebrating your future with your partner.