How To Make Your Own Wedding Cake: A DIY Wedding Guide
Wedding cakes are often associated with symbolic meanings. Some people believe that when you eat the crumbs of the cake, it symbolizes happiness and brings a good life to the couple. This is one reason why wedding cakes are essential for a wedding. But if you lack the means to buy your wedding cake, here’s good news for you. You can make one! Stressing about how to make your own wedding cake? Relax, we’ve got you!
Things to Consider
There are things to consider before knowing how to make your wedding cake, and they are necessary.
- Knowledge in Baking –You should be practical in making your cake. Be sure that you know how to bake or are prepared to do so. In that way, ruining the day before your wedding will be prevented.
- Flavor – If you’re determined and prepared to make your wedding cake, the next thing you got to do is choose your favorite flavor. For sure, you want a wedding cake that you can savor on your special day.
- Recipe – Having to know how to make your wedding cake might not be easy, but it could be if you choose a recipe that you’re comfortable with.
- Time – Time is essential in making wedding cakes. You need to prepare in advance, especially if you’re expecting to feed on 100 people or more.
- Helper – In making your wedding cake, one to two people who can help you might be a big help. Just be sure that the people you’re going to work with have the know-how to bake.
How To Make It
Here’s a step-by-step guide in learning how to make your wedding cake. You can also add a few steps of your own. It depends on your personal preferences.
- Get your ingredients and baking tools ready.
- Cut out some parchment rounds, and put them at the bottom of the pans.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a flour nail upside down in each pan to cook the cake evenly.
- You can now put your cake inside the oven.
- After taking your cake out of the oven, let it cool.
- Run an offset spatula around the sides of the pan to easily release your cake.
- Flip it over and remove the parchment and the flour nails.
- Using a large serrated knife, level your cake layers by removing the cake top.
- You can start assembling your tiers.
- Add a thin layer of buttercream underneath the first cake layer, repeat in every tier.
- Cover your cake with frosting using an offset spatula.
- Stack your cake
- You can now put decorations on your cake!
Making Your Own Cake is Worth It
Having to learn how to make your own wedding cake is not easy. It requires time, effort, and a lot of patience. But it is worth it. There are advantages to making your cake. One of those is you don’t have to pay for it. Since you already know how to make one, get the ingredients, and make the most fabulous cake!