There is something on the dinner table that amazes us aside from the food and the wine. It’s the napkin. Admit it. You can’t help but wonder how they were made. It’s amazing how some people can turn a plain napkin into a work of art by folding them. You, too, will learn how to fold napkins for wedding in this article! So keep reading if you want to learn how.
Napkins on Table Tops
Before you learn how to fold napkins for weddings, allow us to share the symbol and use of napkins on your tabletop. In the movies we watched, we can see the aristocrats and other wealthy figures tossing the napkins to the table when they are pissed-off with the person they are sharing their meal. But we didn’t mention that to highlight the drama. It is the napkin that we want you to recall.
To some, when you’re using a table napkin every meal, you are born with a golden spoon in your mouth. It’s not the case. Because table napkin is being practiced in many countries, it has been a tradition since the year 1384. Did you know that the first to use them was the Ancient Romans? You will be surprised that the Ancient Romans used bread in wiping their hands. Wow! How wealthy are they, right?
After a few years, the use of table napkin became popular. Guess who made it popular. It was Leonardo da Vinci! In the book entitled Bon Appetite, in 1491, Leonardo da Vinci invented the use of table napkin. But how do you fold them? Learn how below.
How to Fold Napkins for Weddings
How to fold napkins for a wedding? Try the diamond pouch. This napkin fold is very easy to do but will make the dining tables fancy-looking. Your guests will surely wonder how it was folded! So here’s how you do it:
- Lay the napkin flat and fold it in half.
- Fold it again in half and turn it to see the figure of a diamond.
- Fold the first top layer down.
- Fold the second layer down, but make sure not to cover the tip of the first layer.
- Flip it
- Fold it in half to the left and then to the right.
- Flip it gain
- Insert the program or note inside the pocket
- Add a piece of flower, leaf, or rosemary
- You can tie the lower part if you want and make a ribbon.
One of the simple napkin folds for weddings is the pocket fold. And you will love to have this on dinner tables because it is multipurpose. If you hand out the notes or your wedding program, your guests might place it somewhere. But why not put it inside the pocket of the folded napkin, right? And here’s how you do it.
- Lay the napkin flat and fold it into a half
- Fold the top layer down and flip the napkin on the other side.
- Fold in half on the left and then on the right.
- You can use yarn or a thick organic thread to tie the lower part of the pocket and make a ribbon.
- Insert the program of your wedding or note inside the pocket.
- Add some accessories like flowers, herbs, or leaves.
Lady Windermere’s Fan
Another best linen napkin folds for weddings is the elegant Lady Windermere’s Fan. The steps are simple to follow, but your guests will surely love it! So here’s how you do it.
- Lay the napkin flat
- Fold it in half
- Make an accordion pleats starting from the bottom. Make sure that the pleats are uniform in size.
- Fold the napkin from the outside.
- Place it above the table and see how the creases form a fan
- You may insert a flower in the middle to make it look more beautiful.
Napkins are essential in every dinner table. It helps wipe away the dirt and spill in our hands and mouth. We can also put it in our lap to prevent our clothes from being soiled. Since they are essential, some people came up with an idea to beautify them. As you can see, at the weddings you attend, napkins are folded in different ways. Some can make an animal figure, a sophisticated shape, or a fancy-looking and unique fold.
Now that you have learned how to fold napkins for a wedding, you don’t need to hire a professional to have it done at your wedding. You and your friends can start practicing now so you can make it perfect before your wedding day! Wouldn’t that make you proud? The fancy-looking napkins that your guests adore are made by you. So start now by following the steps that we have provided. Here’s how to learn more about wedding guides.