How To Decorate A Church For A Wedding
Gorgeous decorations at the wedding make the nuptials as exquisite as the vows you tell your bride or groom. You may allow some room within your budget for elegant fabric ribbons and flower arches. The truth is, there are many ways how to decorate a church for a wedding. If you are organizing a church service, you'll need to go through those additional things before the special day comes to call. How will you decorate a church for the day to match your dream and overall design? This article will give you some church wedding decoration ideas, so continue reading to find out.
Rules and Regulations: Church Ceremony Décor
Some specific policies and rules define what inside the chapel or church you may and cannot do.
- Consult with the church administrator(s) to know out what ceremony design guidelines they allow, if any.
- Decide on a proposal for decorations for a church wedding.
- Whether you hire a wedding planner or partnering with someone who's assisting you with arrangements, meet them in the church and explore your plans and priorities. It would be necessary to set your decorating goals if you are under a tight budget!
For starters, if your church interior design is already magnificent – with exquisite artwork, painted furniture, or stained-glass windows – the wedding decorations might be lost in the church's beautiful glory. If that is the case, you can offer any essential decorations, such as reversible custom printed decals, bows on the pews, or simple decors. Plus, you know have a clear view of how to decorate a church for a wedding.
How to Decorate a Church for a Wedding
Simplicity is essential to an effective wedding ceremony design. Clean, beautiful floral arrangements, a few carefully located candles are needed. A few potted plants to add a touch of greenery are everything you need to create an intimate and unforgettable ceremony.
Outdoor Church Décor
If your budget is limited for a grand arch, you should add more realistic and economical decorations. To render budget-friendly decoration, you can add tables, potted plants, and other mobile exhibits to the entrance area.
- Churches that are challenging to navigate require guide signage to help steer the visitors in the right direction.
- At an evening wedding, the leading lights will line a pathway or stairs that lead up to the entrance.
- A fun option for placing wreaths or flowers at the door is vinyl wedding stickers with your titles, names, or painted illustrations.
- Decorate with citrus plants in summer months, in winter with corn shocks for an outdoor wedding and tiny trees and shrubs.
- You can use columns with flower bouquets of seasonal blooms.
Church Altar Decoration Tips
Several pictures and poses are taken on the front of the church and the altar area. That is where the bride and groom sit during the ceremony. The whole ceremony is focused on this section of the church.
- For floral wedding arrangements, you may use movable pillars or columns.
- You may position an arch in front of the altar area. You can also add an arch at the end of the pews for the lovers to walk through.
- Weave tulle and decorations or green garland around stair banisters and communion posts.
- Apply small white lights on some large trees or leaves flanking the altar.
- When there is lighting around the church, you may rent two candelabras to put on each side of the altar.
- You may lease big statues, such as hearts or crosses, and positioned them in the altar section.
- Place a small table for a harmony candle ceremony in a position where you can move it conveniently. So, all the wedding guests can view the ceremony.
- You can set up the main altar with a long shower of wedding flowers produced of full blooms.
Church Pew Decorations
Pew decorations are common and a place that you can save considerably on your budget for display. It is inexpensive and elegant to create wedding bows to place on the pews. Candles with flowers and small tulle bouquets are more costly but also beautiful. Find new, inexpensive pew accessories such as ribbon feathers or a more expensive moss kissing ball with a large black bow tie.
- Floral balls
- Mini wicker baskets with petals
- Dried wreaths
- Tulle or ivy swags
- Accordion fold fans
You may use and connect elastic bands/ribbons, or to rubber hooks that slip over the bottom of the pew. In certain religions, the usage of adhesives, paint, or staples is typically forbidden. Save more time by adding decorations each third pew.
Designing the aisle involves more than just putting a pew decoration. An aisle runner in white, gray, black, or red is a standard church wedding accessory. There could be one accessible at the house. It will cover unappealing carpet or flooring to give an aura of beauty. Before the wedding ceremony steps to the door, have the ushers bring it down the aisle.
Remember the Church Rules
Many faith organizations have restrictions that you can and cannot apply due to different issues. Not only is it a show of reverence for the church that you accept the wedding decoration guidelines, but it will also help you avoid misunderstandings.
- Restrictions on candle use
- Floral guidelines
- Rules for adding décor to altars, windowsills or balconies
- Restrictions on outdoor items, like birdseed
- Clean-up instructions
Although decorating any part of the church is simple to get wrapped up, you'll want to adhere to your wedding budget. Try and pick which places to decorate: the altar is a must-do because all eyes are upfront, and there are photos. There are many ways how to decorate a church for a wedding, and it makes good sense to balconies and windowsills. Find out more about wedding decorations.
A wedding ceremony should center on you. Much of that happens at the altar. Most of the arrangements are there, and you cannot go wrong. Such items should be supplementary because the farther down the preference list they will be, the farther they are from the altar. Weddings and churches are a sacrament, so make sure that you know how to decorate a church for a wedding.
April 5, 2021
By: Russel Peters
One of the most significant backdrops of a wedding is the wedding arch. The arch will provide a charming background for the cherished memories