Having your bridesmaid wear the perfect dresses that match your wedding gown should be the goal. It would be awesome to slay a bride and bridesmaid photoshoot, especially if the gowns are well coordinated. So, figuring out how to coordinate bridesmaid dresses with wedding gowns without taking the spotlight away from you can be challenging. Here’s how.
How to Pick the Right Set of Bridesmaid Dresses
Before you learn how to coordinate bridesmaid dresses with wedding gowns, as a bride, you need to ask yourself a couple of questions that can help you assess your decision. It would surely be a challenging process, but know that at the end of the day, you are doing this not just for your wedding but for the comfortable experience of your bridesmaids as well. Here are a few of the questions you need to ask yourself before picking what you think will work best with your wedding gown.
- What are the dress type and styles do my bridesmaid want to wear on my wedding day?
- Would the set of dresses that I want them to wear compliments their body shape?
- Am I picking the right kind of color that would compliment my wedding gown and my overall wedding theme?
To learn how to match bridesmaid dresses to wedding dresses, skip to this article’s next part.
Tips for the Bride
After you have asked yourself some of those essential questions, you can proceed to the next step. To achieve your goal of having an aesthetic and well-coordinated wedding, here are some tips that you can apply on how to coordinated bridesmaid dresses with wedding gowns.
How to Coordinate Bridesmaid Dresses with Wedding Gowns
- Pick a common denominator between all the dresses. You don’t have to let your bridesmaid wear the same dresses to match yours. You have to pick one unique element that stands out on your wedding dress and use it as one of the major elements that should be present in your bridesmaids’ dresses. You can choose between the same color shade, the type of fabric, or the same design pattern from your gown. For example, if your wedding gown has a lacey design, you can choose bridesmaid dresses to compliment the lace wedding dress.
- One best thing that you can do is to coordinate with the same style of fabric. You can ask your designer to pick one that will match your wedding gown. That is why it is better to customize the gown according to your choice rather than buying or ordering a premade set.
- If you don’t want to take the spotlight away from you but still want to see your girls looking gorgeous, elegant, and stylish, you can let them wear something with a different style but with the same length. This would also be a perfect idea if you want them to look matchy during the picture taking.
- However, before deciding what dress to pick, you need to consider first if the design and style will flatter and compliment their body type.
- There are a lot of style options to choose from. You can go for an elegant style, a classic one, or something that shows off a romantic vibe that’s straight out from a fairytale. That would give your wedding a kind of element that’s not only pleasing to the guests’ eyes but can also boost up the confidence of your girls to a whole different level.
- Remember that you don’t have to carry the burden of choosing the right set of gowns for your bridesmaids alone in this decision-making process. You can also call and ask the helping hands of your girls. Let them express their ideas on what they think will work best for each one. List down all their suggestions, and everyone can participate in choosing one style that is agreed on by each of them. In this way, you are letting them wear something they are confident to put on and walk around.
- You also need to consider the cost of the dresses. Every bridesmaid should agree with the price of each one. No one should leave your wedding with a broke bank account. Remember that it should be the fun and experience that counts. Choose the best designer that lets you pay less but still makes a simple yet elegant and gorgeous dress set.
Those are six tips on how to coordinate bridesmaid dresses with wedding gowns. You don’t have to invest in something too fancy that will drain your bridesmaids’ wallet. Let them wear a kind of dress that doesn’t just only match your wedding gown but will match their personality as well.
Being a bridesmaid to your sister, brother, friend, or cousin’s wedding is an honor for every woman out there. Finding the right dress is one key to enjoy the entire bridesmaid experience fully. That is why learning how to take dress measurements for a bridesmaid dress is necessary so that you would be wearing the right dress for you. It’s as important as finding the right puzzle piece. Know more about wedding dresses.