How To Choose A Best Man For A Wedding
For some grooms, one of the most challenging parts of the wedding preparation is choosing the right and best-suited man for the best man's role. You may be in a deep dilemma because you don’t know how to choose the best man for a wedding. You’ve got a handful of options to choose from - your best friend, your roommate, your brother, or even that one long-lost childhood buddy. Here is how to do it right.
Here’s What You Can Do
There are a couple of things that both couples need to settle on before the actual wedding begins. It’s going to be a long and bumpy ride of choosing between different sets of things. You need to decide where the venue will be, what catering company you should hire, whether it will be a grand or a small intimate wedding, or how much should be the allotted budget for this big day?
Other than those things, both the bride and the groom are also going to face the struggle on who will be the best people to invite on this very special day. If you are the groom, you will be put in a kind of situation that would be harder to escape from. It’s a problem of not knowing how to choose the best man for a wedding. Out of all the men you knew your entire life, you will be picking only one for this special spot. To lessen your burden, here are certain things that you can apply that can help you land on that perfect buddy. Find out more about wedding essentials.
How to Choose a Best Man for a Wedding
- If you have a brother, one that is dearly close to your heart, then it would be a great idea to have him as the best man for your wedding day. The advantage of choosing your brother for this role is that you would not be having a hard time letting your bride get along with him. Your brother would then be the easiest person you and your wife can run to in times of trouble.
- If you don’t have a brother or if your brother doesn't want to be involved in this role, you can extend your options to your best set of friends. Choosing your long-time best friend would be a perfect choice. Your best friend knows almost everything about you, and having him as that man on your side while you wait for your bride to walk down the aisle is a perfect moment for both of you.
- However, if you have two best friends or two brothers and you’re having a seriously hard time in picking one of them without hurting the other, there is good news waiting for you. You can walk away past the traditional way of having the best man. A lot of grooms nowadays prefer to have two or three best men for their wedding. It makes it even more special than just having only one best man. However, if you are not up for this idea, then you need to really choose among them and explain to them well why you decided to choose or not choose either of them.
- If you really can’t decide on your own, you can ask for the humble help of your beloved fiance. Maybe she knew someone who can best fit the role among your friends, brothers, or relatives. Remember that you are not alone in this preparation, and you can always ask the helping hand of your future wife. Girl's instincts work so well that even choosing the best man for your wedding can be one of her great talents.
- In choosing for the right man that can handle this special wedding role, you need to not only consider how close you are to the person, but you also need to consider their situation. If your chosen best man lives in an area that’s too far from the venue of your wedding and he couldn’t travel on time, then you don’t need to force him. You can have another set of options, but the kind way of choosing him to be the best man already means a lot to that person.
- Another important tip on how to choose the best man for a wedding is to know if that person is capable enough of doing the tasks given to the best man. His role isn’t just limited to standing right beside you while waiting for your bride. It is way more than that. So be sure that you put this into consideration.
Those are some tips on how to choose the best man for a wedding. It’s not going to be easy, and the list may go on and on. But remember that this will be the most special day in your life, and you have to reserve a spot for the most special man that can give you and your bride the best wedding of a lifetime.
January 7, 2021
By: Anne Clayton
Thanking your best man by giving him the best man wedding gift is a nice gesture that you can do in appreciation of his time and presence on your wedding day.