The sun rises earlier than before. There are many people on the streets riding a bike, crickets chirping, and weddings! These are all indications that summer is coming. You may be invited to many of your friends’ weddings, and as a guest, you need to follow the dress code they set. But what if after so many wedding invites, there is nothing left for you to wear but a black dress? This leads us to the question, “How to accessorize a black dress for a summer wedding?”
Dresses You Can Wear to a Summer Wedding
Before we tackle how to accessorize a black dress for a summer wedding, you need to know the black dresses that are not only suitable to wear but would also make you stand out at summer weddings.
- Off-shoulder chiffon dress
- Sigmund dress
- Swing dress
- Long ruffle maxi dress
- Mini chiffon dress
- Puff short sleeve dress
Tips on How to Accessorize
To add fun and color to your black dress, accessories are needed. They will complete the look you want. So here are the tips on how to accessorize a black dress for a summer wedding:
- Don’t try to steal the spotlight – Of course, it’s the bride and groom’s special day so don’t wear anything that will make everyone go swooning over that daring dress of yours. Instead, try to go for a subtle look. In that way, the bride and groom will get the attention they deserve.
- Be comfortable – In wearing black dresses, you need to make sure that you’re comfortable. Comfortability is important because the chance of you wearing that dress for hours is high. So you better choose a dress that you’re comfortable with.
- Printed black dress – You can also go for a printed black dress, which is much easier to accessorize.
- Hats – In knowing how to accessorize a black dress for a summer wedding, you should know the importance of wearing a hat. This will add to that look you’re going for. Aside from this, hats can protect you from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Shoes – To complete your look, match that perfect black dress of yours with a pair of flip flops or even a pair of wedges. One thing to keep in mind is to make sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Makeup – In every occasion, wearing makeup is a must. But when it comes to a beach wedding or other outdoor type of wedding, you should reduce it. Avoid wearing heavy makeup during the day, but you can always add a couple of touch-ups during the nig
Being Creative & Resourceful
Colors are essential, especially when it comes to summer weddings. Some may wear their pastel-colored tea-tight dresses or a bright maxi dress. But wearing black in summer weddings doesn’t mean you can’t keep up on summer trends. It just shows how creative and resourceful you are on how to accessorize a black dress for a summer wedding. Here’s how to learn more about wedding fashion.