Gratuity is often seen in most service industries. People give tips to some vendors for their job well done. This means that they are appreciated for the good quality of service they have provided. At weddings, gratuities may be included in the contract or not. If not included, are you wondering how much to tip wedding photographer and other wedding vendors? You’ll find out after reading this article.
Who to Tip
If you’re getting married, you should allot a budget for gratuity unless it’s already included in the contract. You never know how excellent the services are unless you’re in the situation. To know how much to tip wedding photographer, we must know first who else can we give gratuity to. Here are some:
- Caterers – They ensure that the menu complements the wedding and give your guests delectable food. Typically, in catering services, gratuities are included. But if not, you can give them a tip from $50 or so.
- Wedding Planner – They don’t expect any tip from their clients, but if they did a great job making your wedding the best one, go ahead and offer a tip.
- Hairstylist & Makeup Artist – Before knowing how much to tip wedding photographers, we should make sure that your looks are appealing in front of the camera. These artists make sure that you look gorgeous on your special day. If they did a good job of making you and your partner the most beautiful persons you could ever be, offer a token of appreciation.
- Photographers and Videographers – They ensure to capture the best moments of your life. Wedding photographers and videographers put so much effort into getting that perfect angle for you. Photography services are important in weddings because you can relive those moments in the future by seeing your pictures. Wondering how much to tip wedding photographer? You can tip them $50 or more, depending on the quality of the pictures they produce as well as their efforts.
- Musicians – To set up the mood and ambiance for your wedding, musicians are there to help you. Given their skills and talents, they are worthy of gratuity.
- Reception Staff – They are responsible for welcoming guests and making sure they have what they need. Make sure to check your contract first before giving them a tip.
- Wedding Transportation – If the driver delivered you to the right place, drove smoothly, and came on-time, show your appreciation by giving him a tip.
Learning how much to tip wedding photographer and other wedding vendors doesn’t mean it requires you to give a gratuity to anyone. Tips are not mandatory. You’re not obliged to give tips unless it’s written in the contract. You may give them or you may not, but it never hurts to show appreciation to people who provide quality services you deserve. Know more about wedding photographers.