How Much To Dry Clean A Wedding Dress: A Quick Guide
The bride's wedding dress is a special part of her. Whether you plan to pass it down or sell it, caring for your gown is essential. But how much will it cost to keep your gown in its best shape? How much to dry clean a wedding dress? Know more about cleaning costs and wedding dress preservation below.
Factors To Consider Before Dry Cleaning A Wedding Dress
Wedding gowns come in both simple and intricate designs. Putting a specific price tag on unique designs is difficult. There are things to consider about wedding dress care before finding out how much to dry clean a wedding dress.
- Inspect the care label. Your wedding dress comes in a care label. Before deciding to dry clean your gown, consider the possibility that dry cleaning may not be compatible with your gown's fabric.
- Check the stains on your dress. Do a thorough inspection of your dress to see which parts are mostly dirty.
- Be cautious about embellishments in your dress. Some of the designs in your gown might be damaged when exposed to the solvents in dry cleaning. Inform your dry cleaner about how the embellishments are attached to your dress to avoid any problems.
- Do not clean a wedding gown on your own. It might be tempting, but you should leave the cleaning of your wedding gown to a professional.
NOTE: We recommend that you clean your wedding gown immediately before the stains become permanent.
What To Expect About Dry Cleaning Your Wedding Dress
The concern is not only about how much to dry clean a wedding dress. Much of the cost you should expect comes from expertise in preserving a wedding dress.
They are called "preservationists," and they're specially trained to preserve your wedding gown.
Standard dry cleaning is not the same as wedding dress preservation. Here is a simple look at the preservationist's process:
- Begins with a specialist's assessment.
- Drafting a treatment plan according to fabric, stitching, and other details.
- Analysis of stains on the dress and along the hem.
- Offer virgin solvents to dry clean, which does not contain impurities.
- Offer refund policies equivalent to the gown's value in case of damage
The question remains – with this amount of expertise in preserving your wedding dress, how much does it cost to clean a wedding dress?
Wedding dress preservation typically costs between $250 to $750. It is highly recommended you factor in this amount while you plan your wedding.
The Risks Without Wedding Dress Preservation
If the answer to how much to dry clean a wedding dress is not what you want to hear, you can opt to leave it. But you should be aware of the risks:
- Brown oxidation spots
- Creasing of the fabric permanently
- Growth of mold and mildew
- Fabric turning a hint of yellow
Caring for a wedding dress takes time and money. It's reasonable to be concerned about how much to dry clean a wedding dress, but if you regard your wedding dress as an heirloom or a treasured keepsake, the preservation is worth the cost. Know more about wedding dresses.
July 13, 2020
By: Stephanie Sullivan
Wedding gowns come in fabric that can easily wrinkle. When you want to look your best on your wedding day, it pays to know how to steam a wedding dress.