How Much Should A Bride’s Parents Pay For A Wedding?
You're engaged and have conceptualized the most wonderful wedding theme. Suddenly, you realize the money it would cost you and your partner for that perfect wedding. Of course, there is nothing wrong with splitting the cost. But have you ever wondered how much should bride's parents pay for wedding?
Things to Consider With Cost Splitting
We cannot avoid splitting up costs, especially when it comes to weddings. In knowing how much should bride's parents pay for wedding, we have to consider these things:
- What your parents want to contribute – You must consider your parents' financial status. The last thing you want for them is to be penniless just because you let them pay for your entire wedding.
- Contributions can come with consequences – Remember, making your parents contribute might put yourself in a situation where you no longer decide for your wedding. Of course, not all parents might do this, but it's possible.
How Much Should Parents Contribute
Parents can contribute in many ways, but it's important to ask them what they can afford and how much they want to contribute. To know how much should bride's parents pay for wedding, here are some suggestions:
- Pay for the entire wedding – This only applies if your parents can afford such thing and willing to do so. But remember that letting them pay for the entire wedding comes with strings attached. Make sure to not only depend on your parent's savings.
- Pay for their guests – If your parents can't afford to pay for the entire wedding and don't want to, letting them pay for their guest would be a relief. It wouldn’t cost them much, ands it would be a big help.
- Split the cost – This is one way to ask your parents to contribute to your wedding. Splitting the cost would be fair enough for you, your partner, and both of your parents.
How to Ask Parents
After realizing how much should bride's parents pay for wedding, asking them might be the last on your list. Most couples nowadays don't want their parents to help in covering wedding costs. Well, some simply can't do that because occasions, like weddings, are costly. Here are some tips on how to ask your parents:
- Be mindful of your timing, and don't wait until the last minute. Instead, prioritize talking to them.
- Avoid comparing how much your family members can contribute.
- Be grateful for what they can give.
Your Parent's Greatest Contribution
How much should bride's parents pay for wedding? Well, just know that every situation is different. Your parents might want to cover specific costs or the whole wedding itself, but always show gratitude in whatever they contribute to your wedding. Besides, their love and support to you and your partner are the greatest contributions they could ever give.