How Much Is The Average Wedding Cake?
There are a lot of trendy wedding cakes nowadays. It can be naked, metallic, and even geode cakes! Before you go wedding cake shopping, have you ever wondered how much is the average wedding cake? Well, you've come to the right place.
How to Price Cakes
The pricing of wedding cakes is not just about its ingredients. It's about the time, effort, and dedication of the baker. Those things are priceless. To know how much is the average wedding cake and how much money you can save, there are things that you might want to consider. Here are some:
- Design – The design contributes to how much is the average wedding cake. If you have a tight budget, you might want to avoid those metallic and geode cakes. Instead, you can stick to that traditional white cake that everybody wants. You can also put some flowers on it that you can get from the floral arrangements! You have to be creative with it.
- Time – Another essential thing that bakers invest is their time. Baking cakes takes so much time. Just from the time it takes talking to the clients, like you, about the cakes you want to the time it takes them to buy all of the ingredients. All those times taken from them should be accounted for.
- Labor – This is the biggest expense that you have to account for in understanding how much is the average wedding cake. You can't have that wedding cake you dreamt of if it wasn't for the baker's skill and talent. Although labor is priceless, giving them the amount that can encourage them in their craft is the biggest thing you could ever do for them, aside from recommending them to your friends.
- Serving – This is the most typical when it comes to pricing and the easiest thing for clients to understand. Most bakers charge their clients based on the servings they want. The price ranges from $2 to $15 per serving.
- Geography – This is a factor that contributes to the price of the cake. The amount per serving in other cities or states might be different from where you are. So make sure to find nearby someone who can make your cake.
- Importance – The importance of your wedding cake is one thing to consider. If it's that important to you, then you can spend much on it. But if it's the least important, then you can allot a lower budget for it.
Wedding Cakes are a Form of Art
Having to know how much is the average wedding cake might be surprising. It might be more expensive than the amount you'll be spending on your wedding dress, décor, or even the venue. But you should know that wedding cakes are a form of art. It's like buying a piece of painting – it’s not the paint you're paying for but the canvas.