You can look forward to so many beautiful things at a wedding ceremony. But what the ceremony needs is someone to seal the deal. The person who will present you to your loved ones as a married couple is nothing short of essential. But how much does a wedding officiant cost? Read on to know more about officiants and choosing the right one for your wedding.
Factors To Consider For Officiant Cost
Your wedding officiant plays a crucial role in your wedding. There is no fixed price. And the cost can sometimes be a sensitive topic because some don’t even require payment. In knowing how much does an officiant cost, it’s important to note some of these factors:
- Location – Do you have a remote and private wedding location? Try to consider the travel cost and hassle it will take for your chosen officiant to get to your wedding, so you know what to expect. If you’re thinking about a destination wedding, then taking care of your officiant’s travel expenses should be one priority.
- Ceremony – You can choose to be creative during the ceremony. After all, it is your special day. Some couples want a short talk on marriage for the guests, and some couples want it done right away. Think of the amount of preparation your officiant must do and factor that in when expecting how much does a wedding officiant cost.
- Additional Services – As a couple, it is vital to decide on any other services you require from your officiant. Some couples include pre-marital counseling and application paperwork. Others just want an officiant for the big day. If you give additional work to your officiant, you should expect a reasonable cost for the effort.
- Experience – It may seem unfamiliar to us, but there are some individuals with more officiating experience than others. An experienced officiant knows how to hold your audience captive while he explains the significance of marriage. Creating an atmosphere of love is also one of his responsibilities, primarily since it is his task to remind you of your duties as a couple. When thinking about how much does a wedding officiant cost, you should also factor in their experience.
Choosing Your Wedding Officiant
Unless you’re in a hurry, it’s good to be able to choose your wedding officiant. Here are some things to consider:
- Relationship – Choose someone who is celebrating this occasion with you. You don’t have to be close, but someone who understands the blessedness of marriage is a refreshing addition to the team, especially if they are responsible for officiating your wedding.
- Ordained – Are you aware that you can get ordained to officiate a wedding online? So if you’re wondering how much is a wedding officiant, it can cost around $20 to be ordained online. If your wedding is so intimate, you might want a relative ordained. But some states have additional requirements for wedding officiants, which is why you should check on state laws and conditions first.
Weddings deal with a lot of additional expenses, which is why it is still important to know how much does a wedding officiant cost. Though these things matter, it is ultimately your choice to decide on someone you think deserves to present your union to your loved ones because that is a truly priceless moment. Know more about wedding guides.