How Much Does A Wedding Coordinator Cost?
Planning a wedding is a very intensive process as people often deem the event as one of the most special days of their lives. Therefore, couples often hire wedding coordinators in order to make the event as special and as perfect it could possibly be. However, do you have any idea how much does a wedding coordinator cost?
Weddings take a serious amount of time, effort, and resources to pull off. And while hiring a wedding coordinator is not entirely necessary, having one in your team can almost immediately make the whole planning process so much easier and quicker. Not only will it take a load of planning responsibilities off of your shoulders, but there is a greater possibility that the outcome would come as close as possible to your dream wedding.
Wedding Planner vs. Wedding Coordinator vs. Wedding Designer
Before you ask how much does a wedding coordinator cost, you would have to know the difference between a wedding coordinator and other professionals within the same industry. It is a common misconception that wedding planners and wedding coordinators are just interchangeable labels but perform the same duties. However, the truth is that wedding planners and coordinators are two different professions that conduct different duties and responsibilities for the wedding. Thus, it is important to know the difference between the two in order to avoid any confusion and mistakenly hiring one for the other.
Wedding planners take care of the logistics and the creative aspect of the wedding planning and preparations. Often hired months before the event, wedding planners play an integral part in preparations for design choices, vendor hiring, contract negotiation, and even with building the overall budget for your wedding. Here is a quick summary of what wedding planners do:
- Put in work for no less than a hundred hours.
- Provide and connect you to vendor referrals and negotiate contracts with them
- Schedule and attend all vendor meetings.
- Help build a budget to accommodate all necessary services and requests at minimum cost.
- Schedule and attend site tours and menu tastings.
- Develop style ideas, design, and themes.
- Create detailed timeline and floorplan for your wedding.
- Oversee everything on the day itself.
While there are similarities in responsibilities between wedding planners and wedding coordinators, the latter focuses primarily on the wedding's logistic aspect and checks minute details involved in the planning. Wedding coordinators do not spend as much time as wedding planners as they normally go over and double-check the details of what has been planned so far. Here a more detailed explanation of what wedding coordinators do:
- Put in work for roughly 30 hours over the length of four to eight weeks prior to your wedding.
- Help determine and polishing details about your wedding.
- Meet with hired vendors and review signed contracts to confirm logistics.
- Create updated timelines and floorplans.
- Complete the final walkthrough of the program.
- Manage the rehearsal.
- Address any overlooked details.
- Assist and oversee everything on the wedding day.
Unlike the wedding planner and wedding coordinator, wedding designers have a more specific and limited scope when it comes to the preparations needed for the event. If you're one to put a highlight on the decorations and beautifications of the wedding, hiring a wedding designer can help you elevate and pull off your design ideas. Here is a comprehensive list of what wedding designers are expected to do:
- Put up work for no less than 40 hours.
- Create or elevate wedding design concepts and ideas.
- Provide color palettes and themes
- Oversee design and decoration-related budget and logistics.
- Source special props and equipment.
- Schedule and attend site visits and oculars to the scope and plan the layout of the wedding.
- Create a detailed floorplan and ensure that everything is in place during the ceremony.
How Much Does a Wedding Coordinator Cost?
It is hard to say exactly how much does a wedding coordinator cost as each coordinator could offer a different set of services from another. However, it is common to negotiate the fee for these services with the wedding coordinator at a price that would match your budget and desired level of service. Regardless, allocate at least $500 for your wedding coordinator and just adjust the price accordingly.
Why Get a Wedding Coordinator Over a Wedding Planner?
If you have the budget for it, it is ideal to hire both a wedding planner and wedding coordinator to make sure that every detail about your wedding is set and smooth sailing. However, if you are in a situation that you would have to choose between the two, there are several advantages of hiring a wedding coordinator over a full-service wedding planner.
Wedding coordinators cost significantly less than wedding planners as they don't log as many hours as the wedding planners do so. Thus, having to pay a lesser fee. Wedding coordinators are ideal for couples who want to have more active participation in the planning process and would just like to have someone go over the details and lend a helping hand in managing the logistics of the wedding. Aside from that, having a wedding coordinator manage the last-minute details for your wedding could relieve you from wedding-related stress and allow you to focus more on yourself before and during the ceremony itself.
Truth be told, neither a wedding planner nor a wedding coordinator is essential in order to pull off your dream wedding. With ample time and support from your friends and family, it is possible to do everything yourself without the need of professional help. However, wedding planners and coordinators undoubtedly make the process a lot easier as they offer a lot from their experience and expertise as well as help you save money throughout the process. Still, it is important to consider how much does a wedding coordinator cost and know whether it would be worth it the end. Here's how to learn more about wedding coordinators.
May 4, 2021
By: Shiela Daniels
While smartphone applications and digital organizers are being used nowadays, there are still couples who find that best wedding planner organizers in an old pen and paper form.