How Much Does A Wedding Cake Cost? - Pricing Guide
Wedding receptions and parties are never complete without a wedding cake. There are different kinds and cake designs that you may choose. It is not just a typical dessert to your reception; it also represents a beautiful attraction. You can have all the options and choices about how you want your cake to be, but how much does a wedding cake cost?
What Determines Wedding Cakes Cost?
Figuring out how much does a wedding cake cost depends on many factors affecting the price of wedding cakes. Here are some of them:
- Cake Frosting- When it comes to wedding cake frosting, you may choose between a buttercream or fondant. Sugar and butter make up a buttercream, and it costs less while fondants use sugar pastes that cost more. One advantage of a fondant cake is that it is more versatile when it comes to decorations, and it does not quickly melt.
- Quantity of Tiers - The more cake tiers there is, the more ingredients are used, and the more designs it will have. Cake with multiple tiers is also hard to transport because it must be carefully handled.
- Type of Cake and Flavor - A delicious cake with complex flavor is generally more expensive compared to the common ones. Creams and fillings add to the cost as well. Requesting certain custom flavors also adds to the cost.
- Decorative Elements - The price of the cake is also determined by the intricacy and details of the finished design. Cake, who use more decorations and is visually full and appealing, will cost more than the simple ones. The effort in creatively designing the cake is also an added value.
- Shape and Size - A larger cake will tend to use more cake ingredients, and the more expensive it costs. A wedding cake with an unusual shape aside from round and square ones will also make much effort. Round or square cakes are much simpler to make and easier to bake in standard pans than those unusually shaped ones.
Wedding Cakes Average Cost
If you are asked how much does a wedding cake cost, you may not answer very specifically. On average, wedding cakes cost around $500 in most States. You can have a nicely designed wedding cake at $300 - $700, but some couples spend around $700 or more for a more elegant cake. There are also huge and elaborate wedding cakes with prices closer to $1000 - $1200. A single-layered cake, a small and straightforward cake, will always cost less than elaborate ones, and specialty cakes, custom-tiered cakes, generally cost more. Consider also the cake supplier and pastry chef that is making the cake for you. Known suppliers will cost you more.
Tips to Save Bucks on Wedding Cakes
If you find wedding cakes to be expensive, there's no need to worry because there are ways to save money on wedding cakes. But this does not mean preceding the chance of having the best wedding cake. It is especially helpful to couples who are on a tight budget. Knowing how much does a wedding cake cost will save you money, and learning the tips and ways to save in wedding cakes preparations will add to your savings.
- Choose Simplicity - Go for a simple and small wedding cake. You can opt to decorate the cake with buttercream icing and use fresh flowers on it. Cakes with simple designs never get out of trend, too.
- Use Fresh Flowers - Aside from being appealing to look at, fresh flowers cost less than sugar flowers. You can ask your florist to collaborate with your cake supplier and have some extra blooms to beautify your cake.
- Serve Half Servings of Cake - It is not quite necessary to serve a full serving to all your guests. A half-serving will be enough, which means smaller cake slices; in reality, most people will only take a little bit of your wedding cake.
- The Smaller Cake, the Better - You don't have to have a huge cake to make your wedding more memorable. Ask your baker to create an additional sheet cake so you'll have enough servings for all of your guests.
- Have the So-Called "Display" Cake - Not everybody knows it, but there are entirely fake cakes available that can be used for photo ops at weddings. A separate real cake can be served to your guests as well, and yes, it will cost you less.
- Go for a DIY Cake - If your time permits and you're good at it, make your wedding cake. You don't have to bake it on the same day, because you can always preserve it a day before the much-awaited big day. One technique you can do is buy a basic cake from your favorite bakery and top it with nice decorative.
It's not easy to figure out what wedding cake is right for your budget. Certain factors influence your desired wedding cake price. Your wedding cake must be something special but not necessarily the most expensive one. It is essential to know how much does a wedding cake cost because it will save you money as you plan and assure you of that sweet and memorable cake slicing moment on your big day. Find out more about wedding cakes.
January 4, 2021
By: Shiela Daniels
Finding a gift for a wedding needs a lot of thought. Every wedding is essential, and of course, you would want the newlywed to feel happy and pleased with your present.
July 15, 2020
By: Stephanie Sullivan
Let me guess – your anniversary is approaching! Congratulations! You have successfully frozen the top tier of your wedding cake.