There is no denying it: weddings are expensive affairs, and one of the questions you might have asked is, “how much are wedding rings?” Since your resources are probably limited, you might want to find the best value for money when it comes to your wedding ring. You might have even spent countless hours scouring the Internet and flipping through wedding magazines to get an idea of the price of wedding rings.
Romantically speaking, you want to find the perfect set of wedding rings for you and your partner, no matter the cost. You should practically choose rings that express your identity as a couple while still fitting inside your budget.
Average Cost of Wedding Bands for Men and Women
Over the years, the average cost of wedding rings might have risen or lowered, depending on the economy. However, you can still find wedding rings that will fit your budget as long as you are patient in searching for it.
On average, the wedding ring’s cost in 2019 was around $510 for the male wedding band while it was around $1,100 for the female wedding band.
How Much Does a Wedding Ring Cost?
So, how much are wedding rings? It really depends on how much you are willing to spend and where you will get your rings. The cost of wedding rings will start as low as $200 and can go all the way up to thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars.
Here are some suggestions on where you can get your wedding rings:
- Family Antiques – If your family has wedding rings passed down from one generation to another, you can consider using these for your own wedding. Using wedding rings that have been in your family for generations will give a unique and special meaning to your rings, and you will also be able to pass them down to your children in the future. What’s more, you won’t need to spend a dime other than to restore or resize these rings, if needed.
- Vintage Stores – If you’re looking for a retro vibe for your wedding rings, you can visit flea markets, estate sales, or even antique stores to look for wedding rings. The upside is that you’ll have a better chance of finding styles that are no longer in stores, but the downside is that finding the perfect rings would depend largely on luck.
- Jewelry Stores – You can go the traditional route and visit your favorite jewelry store to look for your wedding rings. Of course, this is where the question of “how much are wedding rings” will be the most relevant since you won’t be able to haggle on the price.
How Much Should You Spend On Your Wedding Ring?
Ultimately, the question of “how much are wedding rings” will depend on factors such as your preferred style, your budget, and where you’re getting your ring. High-end and well-known jewelers will charge a premium price compared to smaller shops.
Here are four things that you can consider when buying your wedding rings.
- Material – Wedding rings come in a wide range of different materials. Traditionally, wedding rings come in silver or gold, but these days, you can find them in other metals such as stainless steel, tungsten, or platinum. You can even find wedding rings made from non-traditional materials such as wood or ceramic! Metal wedding rings will typically be more expensive compared to wedding rings made from non-traditional metals, especially if you opt for precious metals such as gold or platinum.
- Durability – Your wedding ring will be subjected to years of daily wear and tear, so make sure that you invest in something that can last a long time. This is mainly why titanium and tungsten wedding rings are quickly becoming popular choices; these metals are durable and scratch-resistant. They will not lose their luster or get deformed, and they only need minimal care. However, keep in mind that these metals, particularly titanium, are quite pricey.
- Style and Setting – Your wedding ring’s style should look and feel good for you and your partner. These are a range of classic styles to choose from, such as the basic metal band and the Pavé Band, where precious stones (usually diamonds) are set into the metal. This is one factor that can greatly affect how do much wedding rings cost. The more precious stones you want on your wedding band, the more expensive it will be. If you don’t want to spend too much on the setting of your wedding bands, you can opt for less expensive stones such as sapphires, amethysts, or citrines. In fact, this might even result in a more eye-catching wedding band that’s strikingly different from the traditional diamond ones.
- Your Wedding Budget – Finally, your wedding budget can also be a factor in setting the price for your wedding bands. According to the Brides’ American Wedding Study, couples will spend an average of 3% of their total wedding budget on their wedding bands.
The best answer for “how much are wedding rings” will depend on your personal preference and your budget. Remember, your wedding band is a symbol of your love, and you should get something that feels right to you and your partner. What other people might say about your wedding bands should not matter; all that matters is that you chose the perfect bands for you. Whether you choose traditional wedding bands made from gold with diamonds, or you went with something unique such as ceramic bands that have onyx stones set into them, it only matters that you and your partner love your wedding bands! Here’s how to learn more about wedding vows.