Wedding flowers are a valuable and essential component of your big day. The presence of flowers has a significant influence on the overall atmosphere and style of any wedding. They complete the decorations from the wedding ceremonies to your reception to bouquets. So, when it comes to budgeting for wedding flowers, where should you begin, and how much are wedding flowers?
Factors That Affect Flower Pricing
There are various factors to consider that hugely affect the cost of wedding flowers, and it may sometimes be to the disadvantage of couples who are on a budget. Here are the most common factors that determine how much are wedding flowers:
- Arrangement Size and Details – The bigger the size of the floral arrangements, the more that you will be paying for it. Likewise, a more intricate flower or more elaborative arrangement costs more than the simpler ones.
- Flower Types – There are common flowers used in weddings that are readily available for almost all seasons. They are also easy to grow, and so they are not highly-priced. There are also more exotic and seasonal flowers that are delicate and hard to grow.
- Rush Fee – When you order flowers that you needed immediately, there are rush fees that may apply. It is advisable to plan and avoid being impulsive, like ordering flowers at the last minute.
- Flower Colors – Flowers with natural colors are beautiful, but for couples who wanted customized or specific colors that go with the theme, a higher payment may be required to match the flowers’ desired colors.
- Delivery and Set Up Charges – Deliveries of flowers do not always come free. There are also specific setups where flowers from the wedding ceremony venue need transferring to the reception site. The transport and the handling may add charges to the cost of flowers.
Wedding Flowers Cost
How much are wedding flowers? There is an average cost of wedding flowers. Wedding floral expenses are usually between 8 – 10 percent of your total wedding budget. Some wedding coordinators also adjusts to the couple’s budgetary requirement. The cost depends on the couple’s needs and style requirements, but the average price of wedding flowers in most States is around $1,500, and usually, most couples are spending between $700 and $2,500. It already includes the venue decorations and bouquets. The season, location, floral arrangements are some of the factors that will affect how much you will be spending on flowers.
How to Save Money on Wedding Flowers
You need not sacrifice your floral decorations’ elegance and beauty when working on a tight budget. It feels nice knowing that you can make it more personalized. You need not stress yourself at asking how much are wedding flowers. Here are excellent ways on how to save money on wedding flowers.
- Choose the Less Expensive Filler Flowers – It is not necessary to use an all-exotic flower in all your decorations, bouquets, and centerpieces. Some flowers which look like the exotic ones can be used as fillers for the arrangement size. They cost less, thereby saving you extra money.
- Use Non-Floral Alternatives If You Can – A simple design with lovely flower accessories can save you a lot. You need not fill everything with flowers. Accessorize the flowers to achieve style and volume using colored handkerchiefs, candles, and other decorative.
- Reuse Ceremony Flowers to Your Reception Venue – Whenever possible, relocating flowers after the ceremonies will save you a lot.
- Ordering Flowers and Making Floral Arrangements – This may save you extra money, too. Choosing an amateur floral designer will also give a reduced price.
- Use Lighting and Alongside Floral Arrangements – Candlelight and coordinate light effects will add to the elegance of your simple floral decoration. Rented lights cost less than flowers, which is a good idea to save.
- Consider Using Plants – Yes, the use of potted plants gives an excellent design combination without going overboard on flowers. You can also use herbs or succulents for centerpieces, provided that they coordinate with your over-all design.
- Always Ask for a Florist’s Advice – You need not stress yourself out, finding the right solution to save money for wedding flowers. You can ask your wedding florist to do some alternative designs that will help you save for the flowers.
Your wedding’s lovely floral design can complete your wedding’s happy and colorful atmosphere, but you need not spend too much on them. Simple creativity and mindful preparation will go a long way and will give you the most spectacular wedding. Also, knowing how much are wedding flowers will add to your peace of mind and will cut the stress out of your big day. Find out more about wedding flowers.